Imagine a Diablo-like game with the mouse clicking part replaced by an horizontal shoot’em’up core gameplay.
That’s what is Drifting Lands in essence: first and foremost an action-RPG (Hack’n’Slash or however you may call this). Then and only then a different kind of shoot’em’up, accessible to a wider audience than usual.
Drifting Lands main characteristics are:
- randomy generated missions for replayability
- 100 levels of difficulty to climb with your skill or your ability to optimize your gear and powers
- 70 active and passive powers with various effects: dash, area of effect attacks, time control, etc.
- a complex item generation system with a lot of stat modifiers to optimize, unique items with “game changer” powers
- 3 classes of ships for different profiles of players
- Not your usual bland heroic fantasy universe
Drifting Lands is designed to meet both shmup and hack & slash enthusiasts’ expectations.
With the choice of your class, you’ll have the opportunity to take control of different ships, best suited to your favorite gameplay style.
You’re a super player of bullet hells and don’t mind dying on the first few impacts ?
You’ll find a perfect class for you with high-damages / low-resistances interceptors. You’ll benefit from a smart customization of your gear, but your performances on the field will be mainly based on your skill.
Enjoy the progressive design of a powerfull build through skills and inventory optimization ?
Your class will offer more resistant ships, able to put up with a lot more impacts. But if you want to shine, you’ll have to be smart in the selection of your special powers and how you create synergies with your equipment!
Want to report bugs, ask the team what is planned for this or that, suggest ideas or improvements, know what we’re up to for the next update…
come have a chat in the community section!